Malawi Investment and Trade Centre is a trade and inward investment promotion agency, established to promote exports from Malawi and productive investment into Malawi. MITC operates as a One-Stop Service Centre for business start-ups as mandated by the Investment and Export Promotion Act of 2012. The Centre provides specialized support to investors in all prioritized sectors for industrializing Malawi; and also promotes and facilitate export products and services of Malawi.
MITC offers exporters a bouquet of services, which include:
A. Export Development
Capacity building programs detailing:
- Export registration requirements
- Trade agreement compliance requirements
- Export incentive schemes
- International marketing
- Customs requirements compliance
Ensuring the obtaining of sufficient information about particular export markets, including:
- The source of present products and services
- Product and Country-specific features
- Government regulations
- Potential buyers
- Exploring business opportunities for exports in specific markets
Ensuring the obtaining of sufficient information about particular local manufacturers, including:
- Exporter details
- Product descriptions
- Company profiles and marketing materials
B. Export Promotion
Market Development programmes, facilitating trade promotional programmes designed to bring willing buyers and willing sellers into contact with one another including:
- National exhibitions
- Outward selling missions
- Inward buying missions
- Intra-trade business to business facilitation
- National and regional trade fairs
Site Identification and Evaluation.
Residence Permits and Temporary Employment Permits applications and approvals.
Joint Venture Facilitation.
General Business Advice.
Business Retention and After Care services.
Inward and outward investment promotion missions.