The Bamalete Lutheran Church was started by pioneer missionary Rev. Christopher Schulenburg of the Hermannsburg Missionary Society in the 1870s. After Schulenburg’s death in 1891, Rev. George Behrens continued with his work, and Ramotswa acquired a hotel and some trading stores. The church built by Behrens was paid for with funds collected from the villagers The church took five years to build, construction supervised by Schulenburg’s son Adolph. The Bamalete Lutheran Church was opened in March 1899 and it is still standing.
Our main objectives is to glorify the name of the Triune God by bringing the Gospel to all people through preaching, teaching the word of God, administering the sacraments, being witnesses of Jesus Christ as servants to the world by word and deed in faith, love, and hope and by being prepared to cooperate with other churches, provided such cooperation does not violate the confessional basis of the church.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.