Established in 1890 and for some time serving as an administrative centre for the southern part of Bechuanaland Protectorate, the Village once held a fort, (constructed 1890-91), the area’s first post office, a prison, a grave yard, and the ‘Gaberones’ magistrate’s house. Of these buildings, only the prison remains, albeit in rather poor condition; and the graveyard still contains the grave markers of the men who died in the Anglo-Boer War. A few late 19th and early 20th century buildings in the Village are still in use.
Address: Mogwe Gaborone South-East District Botswana
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.