Ministry of Environment, Solid Waste Management and Climate Change.
Achieve a “cleaner, greener and safer Mauritius” in a sustainable manner, through protection and management of our environmental assets, mainstreaming sustainable development principles in different sectors of the economy, solid and hazardous waste management, enhanced resilience to disasters, and conservation and rehabilitation of beaches.
· Devise appropriate legal and policy framework regarding environment related issues such as climate change, solid and hazardous waste management, disaster risk reduction and beach management to effectively respond to emerging challenges.
· Incorporate climate change adaptation and mitigation measures to ensure sustainable development initiatives.
· Preserve our beaches through integrated coastal zone management.
· Devise effective waste management policy to minimize the negative impacts of solid and hazardous wastes.
· Ensure effective disaster preparedness and response to enhance the safety and security of the citizens.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.