Tanzania Tourist Board is a government organization which was legally established under Tanzania Tourist Board act, CAP 364 of 1962 and amended by act No. 18 of 1992. TTB was formed after the disbandment of the Tanzania Tourist Corporation. The Board is mandated with promotion and development of all the aspects of tourism industry in Tanzania.
Tourism becomes the number one contributing sector to the GDP by the year 2025.
To promote sustainable tourism both domestically and internationally through innovative and dynamic awareness creation, in order to contribute significantly to the social – economic development of Tanzania.
The main functions of the Tanzania Tourist Board are:
– To adopt all such measures as it may consider necessary to advertise and publicize Tanzania as a popular tourist destination;
– To encourage by such measures as it may deem fit for the development of such amenities in Tanzania as it may enhance the attractiveness of Tanzania to tourists;
– To undertake research, experiments and operations as may appear to be necessary to improve the basis of the tourist industry;
– To foster an understanding within Tanzania of the importance and economic benefits of the tourist industry;
– To make all such inquiries and collect all such information as it may deem necessary for the purpose of carrying out its functions.
Board of Directors:
Tanzania Tourist Board has the Board of Directors which is appointed after every three years. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Minister for Natural Resources and Tourism appoints the directors.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.