1. Mission “To provide an integrated tourism development support system towards a vibrant tourism Sector in the North West Province.”
2. Vision “Your Partner towards a vibrant tourism sector.”
3. Objectives To ensure the establishment, development and efficient management of a network of formally protected areas in order to conserve indigenous bio-diversity, representative samples of natural ecosystems and habitats of critically important threatened species To facilitate the development, co-ordination and promotion of tourism in the Province To encourage persons to visit the Province from elsewhere and to travel about within the Province To encourage and promote the development and improvement of travel services and facilities to and within the Province, for which purpose the Board may liaise with any department of the Province To encourage the inhabitants of the Province to travel about therein To provide training in hospitality
4. Values The new strategic direction places a need for the organisation to present a united front. This necessitates a common culture and a common set of organizational values:
5. Goals The operational plans are driven by goals set across the organisation. These are agreed at the executive management or strategic level, and interpreted at operational level. The operational plans are therefore premised on each unit’s contribution to achieving the organizational goals:
Tourism – Increase provincial tourism market share within domestic and global markets. Training – Elevate and expand tourism, business and conservation skills development programmes, in line with the National Skills Development Strategy. Investment – To facilitate BEE and PDI investment in conservation and tourism and to increase the group asset base and future sustainable income. Corporate Governance – Entrench a culture of compliance and financial efficiency in the organisation. Stakeholder management – Build a caring organisation that is sensitive to the interests of all stakeholders. Partnership – Build strategic alliances with relevant partners to achieve our goals. Democratic workplace – To democratize the workplace as required by labour market legislation and policies.