Founded in July 2000, the African Fine Coffees Association (AFCA) is a regional non profit, non political, member-driven association representing coffee sectors in 12 member countries.
The Secretariat is hosted in Kampala, Uganda.
AFCA members include both private and public sector coffee stakeholders including producers, exporters, international importers, roasters, policy makers, transporters and trade representatives.
AFCA has revised its strategic plan and has identified the following strategic goals for the next 3 years:
- Membership: Development and Service Delivery
- Coffee Marketing Linkages
- Income diversification
- Resource Centre and Knowledge Hub
- Policy Advocacy for the Coffee Sector in Africa
- Gender and Youth
- Organizational Strengthening
AFCA has an 12-member board of directors (representing each of the AFCA country membership) and 12 full-time employees at its headquarters in Kampala.