The Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB) was enacted by an Act of Parliament [Cap 42:08] of 2001. PPADB is a parastal organisation, operating under the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP).
The primary mandate of PPADB is to adjudicate and award tenders for Central Government and any other institutions specified under the Act for the delivery of works, services and supplies related services. This is coupled with the registration and grading of contractors who so whish to do business with government. We do this to ensure that projects are prudentially managed to ensure value for money in the procurement and disposal of assets.
The Executive Chairperson heads the Board, assisted by three full time Executive Directors namely for the division of; Works, Services and Supplies.
The General Manager Corporate Services oversees the operations of the Board as well as the day to day running of the organizational finance and human resource management.
In order to effectively discharge the above corporate objectives, the Board is empowered to:
- Promote an open, competitive economy and procurement policies and strategies which dynamically impact on continual basis on domestic procurement policy and practice, with due regard for government macro-economic policies and overall economic management strategies;
- Encourage standardization to promote cost reduction in maintenance and technological effectiveness;
- Promote procurement practices which will reap the benefits of economies of scale;
- Promote competition as the mechanism through which value for money can be achieved;
- Promote fairness and equitable treatment of contractors providing works, supplies and services to government to maintain a level playing field;
- Promote accountability and transparency in the management of public procurement and disposal of public assets;
- Ensure integrity, fairness and public confidence in the procurement and disposal process
PPADB receives the CIPS certificate.#Keeping_tenders_clean
Gepostet von Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board – PPADB am Mittwoch, 21. August 2019
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.